January 16, 2013 // 12:47 pm
A team of researchers at the (awesomely named) Flavor Research and Education Center at the University of Minnesota have taken a serious look at why people prefer white bread to whole wheat, despite the darker loaves’ proven health benefits. The answer? It’s all about the smell.
August 14, 2012 // 7:08 pm
One of the loudest complaints I hear about Instagram is its ability to remind you of just how bad your own lunch sucks. Oh, you’re all out eating at the new super-cool gourmet gastropub trying out their chipotle drenched curly fries, are you? Gee, thanks for the invite, f*ckers!…
July 27, 2012 // 9:19 am
Hear jingle, smell coffee, buy Dunkin’ Donuts. Repeat ad infinitum.
That’s the basic premise behind an ad campaign tested on public buses in Korea earlier this year. Using sound-sensing scent sprayers, Dunkin’ Donuts’ “Flavor Radio” would unleash the smell of coffee on unsuspecting commuters after hearing the chain’s ad…
March 9, 2012 // 8:49 am
Trying to get a head start on that beach body for the summer but the temptation for those sugary sweets ultimately beat you out? Why not give Vaportrim a try?
Research shows that most of your cravings for junk foods and desserts come from the smell.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor