Well That’s Just Mean: $24K Order of Girl Scout Cookies Turns Out to Be Nothing But a Cruel Joke
Okay, I know that with the economy being the way they is, it might seem like Girl Scouts trick us out of thousands every year, but damn, revenge is not the answer.
According to the Consumerist and KATU News, two troops in Portland, Ore. thought they’d come upon the deal of a lifetime when they were approached with a request for a huge corporate order of Girl Scout cookies. But when it finally came time to collect payment for the six thousand, $24K worth of boxes they had set aside, however, the prankster revealed the whole thing was nothing but a hoax.
The money expected from the sale was supposed to be used so the girls could go to camp, which of course they’ll now have to find another way to raise, considering, as Consumerist stated, “the cookie-selling season is technically over.”
Basically, some douchebag decided to punch some little girls right in the heart and probably killed a bunch of fairies and unicorns in the process. Luckily, after hearing the original story, some Portland locals decided to buy up about half the boxes meant for the cold-blooded pranksters, but the girls still have a long way to go if they want to raise the extra money on time.
I’d totally help, but I already promised I’d buy some from little Sally down the street, sorry.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor