Hoptimus Prime Transformers-Inspired Beer is Punny, Also Completely Unoriginal
So this is awkward. Robinson Brewery, based in the UK, announced a seasonal beer punnily called Hoptimus Prime. Pretty clever and funny, but completely unoriginal. It’s been done before by Ruckus Brewing Co.
A few possibilities as to how this could have occurred:
- They’ve been trying since the Revolution to get back at the US?
- I don’t know, maybe Transformers didn’t hit the UK until the 90’s?
- Stealing names is legal and totally OK with people across the pond?
Either way, looks like they should have gone with ‘Hoptimus Second’.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor