The Secret to Grabbing a Good Seat at Any Social Gathering [INFOGRAPHIC]
Or: How Not to Get Stuck Next To Someone That Sucks
It happens to the best of us. No matter how friendly we try to be or how much good karma we attempt to accumulate, sooner or later we’ll wind up at a party with an unbearably awkward seating arrangement – sitting next to some girl who’s convinced we’re hitting on her, or next to some guy we kinda wish was hitting on us.
In these situations, it’s always comforting to know we have our trusty smart phones for backup, but what if you could avoid the awkward chitchat altogether? No, I don’t mean by getting shwasted right before the party (but I like the way your mind works). I mean, by knowing the perfect place to sit for optimal good vibes and maximum party enjoyment, each and every time?
(click to enlarge)
Luckily, designer Alex Cornell has got the whole musical chairs thing down to a science. According to his infographic “Choosing the Right Seat,” 4 person circle tables are ideal and you’re safe sitting anywhere. 6 person rectangles are a little trickier, especially if you’re in a loud location, where a nice, communal conversation can easily become fragmented. Above all, avoid the 2 table configuration. You can’t really help it if your party has a lot of people, but whatever conversation’s happening at the other table will always sound a million times more interesting than what’s happening at yours. If you do find yourself in a 2 table configuration, just know, you’re gonna have a bad time.
Ah well, human interaction is overrated anyway.
H/T + Picthx Laughing Squid
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor