Artist Creates Enchanting Scenes Made of Food, then Instagrams It
There are like, billions of reasons why food rules. One of the biggies is food art. Chickpea characters, chic pantone pairings – it’s all fair game! But artist Hong Yi has taken this concept to a new level of awesome.
The popular Instagrammer claims she “likes to paint, but not with a paintbrush,” so for the month of March she’s documenting her plate art — AKA really impressive scenes made out of food.
Yi’s creations include a Campbell’s Tomato Soup can made out of mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup and oyster sauce, a tasty version of Edvard Munch’s “Scream” painting, dragonfruit dragons, a tomato balloon scene and many, many more.
Check out just a few of our favorites, below:
And for the rest of her tasty creations, head over to Yi’s Instagram feed.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor