Arby’s New Bacon Cheddar Potato Cake Melt Is Basically Heaven Stuffed Between Two Hash Browns
It’s not hard to make bacon taste delicious. Sure, Bacon Lattice Mac and Cheese Pies are awesome, as are Bacon Weave Grilled Cheeses and Beer and Bacon Battered Deep Fried Doritos, but there’s just something about eating a plain old strip of bacon right out of the frying pan that harkens back to simpler days. Late nights on the playground. Sunday Breakfast with the family. Neopets.
Don’t worry, all you dewy-eyed dreamers; Arby’s totally gets it, at least judging by the composition of their new test sandwich, the Bacon Cheddar Potato Cake Melt.
It’s two halves of a slice of cheddar cheese and thick-cut pepper bacon sandwiched between two “Potato Cakes,” or hash browns. Or basically how you ate all those pre-made breakfast packs as a child anyhow.
The new sandwich is part of a test value menu called the “Snack ‘n’ Save,” aimed on improving Arby’s traffic during off-hours, according to Brand Eating. The menu also includes a Loaded Baked Potato, the Jr. Bacon Cheddar Melt, a Chocolate Molten Lava Cake and Snack Size Curly Fries, among other offerings.
Psh, what summer diet?
H/T + Picthx Brand Eating
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor