Today I Learned: Coke Can Be Used to Clean Toilets
Here’s the thing: I’m a hardcore Coke girl. So the fact that someone decided to dump a bottle down a toilet to demonstrate how it could be used as a lime and stain cleaner does nothing to convert me to the dark side. I just take it as further proof of Coke’s perfection.
The next time you try to clean the bathroom and don’t happen to have a regular chemical toilet cleaner on hand, a good ol’ can of Coke will do just as well. Apparently the phosphoric acid in the carbonated caramel concoction is strong enough to break down all the lime scum and buildup leftover from all your recent visits to the porcelain throne, according to wikiHow.
Of course, there’s the tiny issue of all the sugar and stickiness forming an optimal bacteria breeding ground, but as long as you don’t let the Coke sit there forever, these instructions should still be perfectly applicable, especially when your mom has threatened to kick you out for the hundredth and last time and you’re just too lazy or broke to pick up some Lysol from the store.
(Or just because you’re still so confused over that whole soda ban thing.)
Plus, there’s this little beauty under the “Warnings” section, which by itself almost makes the whole post worth reading:
If you have roommates or a spouse, be sure to inform them about what you are doing. Otherwise, they may think you had some sort of ‘black thunder’ diarrhea and failed to flush, and will flush it for you, thwarting your altruistic cleaning efforts.”
Lololol, black thunder diarrhea.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor