Here’s How to Make Coconut Macaroons Dipped in Chocolate
By breaking all the baking laws in the world and adding egg yolks to your macaroon recipe, you get perfectly gooey, sticky and utterly delicious macaroons to die for. Once you try this recipe you will never go back to the yolk-free versions. This recipe only uses 5 ingredients and takes minimum effort in the kitchen, so there really is no excuse to not whip up these dreamy, gluten-free wonders as soon as possible.
Vanilla and Coconut Macaroons
- 250 grams of unsweetened coconut flour
- 250 grams of sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
1. Split the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and mix them with some of the sugar using the blade of a knife.
2. Mix the coconut flour, the sugar, the whole eggs and the vanilla sugar in a bowl. You might have to use your hands.
3. Cover the bowl with cling-film, and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
4. Wet your hands slighty, and use them to shape the macaroons on a baking tray. Shape them however you want – but make sure you get lots of surface area, for maximum chewiness. You should get around 16 macaroons.
5. Bake the macaroons in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes at 175 degrees celsius. Or until nice and golden.
6. Leave to cool completely, before dipping the bottom in melted dark chocolate.
7. Again – cool until the chocolate has hardened and enjoy!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor