Would You Dine in this Public Men’s Urinal Turned Cafe?
If you’ve ever dreamed of eating a sandwich in the bathroom, you should move to London. On Foley Street in West London, a 19th century men’s restroom has been transformed into a new restaurant called the Attendant. Those Brits . . . they think of everything!
With a fancy, Victorian exterior, the atmosphere of this cafe resembles that of many others. With gourmet sandwiches and coffee, you wouldn’t even know the difference, except when you pull your stool up to dig into that scrumptious sandwich and realize you’re sitting at a urinal. And then new thoughts — other than how delicious your sandwich is — come to mind.
Even if the sandwich I was eating was absolutely phenomenal, I don’t think I could get past the whole urinal thing. I mean, nice job with the whole cast iron entrance, but that doesn’t change the fact that I’m drinking my morning coffee where some man was once getting rid of his.
H/T + PicThx NYDailyNews
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor