World’s Greatest Armchair Automatically Refills Your Beer From the Bottom Up
When we first heard of the Bottoms Up Draft Beer Dispensing System two years ago, it was basically considered God’s answer to long beer concession lines. Its innovative, specially-designed cups featured a magnet-sealed bottom which allowed them to be filled much faster and much more efficiently than the standard tap and—yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah, technical PR nonsense, blah.
Let’s brass tacks this bitch: Now there’s a way to refill your beer without ever leaving the comfort of your favorite armchair. And no, it’s not by asking your wife.
Since GrinOn Industries launched Bottoms Up in 2009, engineers have been working to bring the magic of fast and ever-flowing beer into lazy homes everywhere. The original design featured a specially-designed dispensing tap and magnetically sealed cups. By pushing cups down onto the tap, their seals would pop open and allow beer to flow until volume sensors determined they had reached capacity. The cups could then be lifted and the magnets would re-seal.
Now, that same system has been miniaturized and installed in an armchair, huzzah! Check the video below to see the nifty little device in action.
If all things go according to plan, the Bottoms Up Home Unit (BUHU) will be available online on Thursday, March 7 for $1,149.99.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor