You Had One Job – 4,000 + Gallons of Whiskey Mistaken for Waste Water, Dumped Down the Drain
I’m torn. I’m not sure whether to laugh at these guys or sympathize with them.
On the one hand, it must be pretty difficult to accomplish much of anything when you work at a liquor factory. On the other, could no one smell the damn thing?
Last Tuesday, overnight shift workers at a Chivas Brothers bottling plant in Scotland accidentally dumped thousands of gallons of whiskey into the sewer after mistaking it for waste water. According to The Voice of Russia, sewer employees alerted plant officials after noticing the strong alcohol smell.
On the plus side, at least the sewers are probably cleaner now, though I still wouldn’t recommend readying your flask.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor