Sorry Fellas, ‘Brogurt’ Is A Real Thing, But It Won’t Improve the ‘Quality’ of Your Sperm
Earlier this week, Grub Street brought the absurdity that was Powerful Yogurt, the Greek yogurt for men, into the public eye. And like it does with most uselessly gendered products just begging to be trolled, the internet was more than happy to oblige. “Ladies, be careful out there!” cried Grub Street. “The ladies will be all over you, man,” Greatist quipped.
The most ridiculous part of the whole affair, though, wasn’t just that someone had invented a men’s yogurt in the first place, or that flavors like “blueberry-açaí” still seemed markedly feminine. Hell, it wasn’t even that god-awful slogan, “Find Your Inner Abs.”
No, it was the whole “eating-our-product-will-improve-the-quality-of-men’s-sperm” thing. Not the count, mind you. The quality. Because Greek yogurt is totally the key to getting a woman preggers.
Since then, the site has taken down that little tidbit, leading at least one food blogger to wonder if perhaps a test group of body builders just broke down and started talking about their feelings, thereby nullifying PY’s fertility claim.
Unfortunately, an Esquire interview with the Powerful Yogurt CEO revealed the whole sperm thing was meant to be a “joke” of sorts, which the marketing team decided ultimately detracted from Powerful’s credibility and had removed from the site.
Damn, and I was so ready to sneak some yogurt into my boyfriend’s dinner.
H/T + PicThx Greatist
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor