The Employee Birthed In-N-Out ‘After Hours’ Menu Has Bacon and Milkshake Donuts
We’ve known about In-N-Out’s not-so-secret menu for a while now. However, no one’s ever said anything about their “After-Hours” dishes. Although, you should know that you’ll never be able to order it yourself and will probably never be able to taste these wonders. Unless, of course, you happen to work there.
In-N-Out cook and Reddit user “dravila9″ of Arizona took to Reddit’s “Ask Me Anything” forum and spilled all the deets of what happens after-hours in the kitchen. No, not that, you dirty birdy.
Apparently, when the kitchen closes, dravila9 and his fellow co-workers make the most of their downtime to come up with their own off-the menu creations — often bringing their own ingredients for a flavor boost. For example, the above photo features one of dravila9′s personal concoctions: Animal fries smothered with chunks of burger patties, bacon and Famous Dave’s BBQ sauce and a burger stuffed with bacon. BACON.
“Took bacon in to cook after closing and it really changes everything,” explained dravila9. “Sweet Jesus it was the greatest thing I’ve ever had!”
He goes on to mention that he’s even made makeshift donuts out of buns squirted with milkshake syrup and dunked in the fryer, along with fried potatoes stuffed with burger patties, cheese, chiles, tomatoes and onions.
And then, there’s the chili dogs only served during company family picnics. ”OMG if In-N-Out sold the chili dogs they give at the family picnics the world really wouldn’t be able to handle it,” dravila9 raved.
But alas! Due to In-N-out’s devotion to quality, simple food, don’t expect to see these over-indulgent plays on their regular items anytime soon. So yes, this was just one big fat tease.
We couldn’t help ourselves.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor