Got Fries? 42,000 Pound Ketchup Spill Creates Massive Traffic Jam
When a long line of cars pile up on the road, most of us think: There’s been a bad traffic accident.
Now, imagine driving past an incident where all you see is red liquid smeared all over the highway.
Pretty gruesome, right? But before you clutch your pretty little heart in terror, consider this: What if it was all ketchup, not blood?
Believe it or not, a ketchup-covered commute actually happened in real life — early Thursday afternoon, just outside of Reno, Nevada, when a tractor trailer lost control and spilled its delicious, tomatoey guts all over the highway.
What could have been a potentially traumatic incident yesterday was only tragic in the sense that there was a ton (literally) — we’re talking 42,000 pounds — of ketchup lost.
According to The Associated Press, Nevada Patrol Sgt. Janay Sherven said there was “red everywhere.” She told the newspaper, “No bodies, no people, just ketchup.”
While it’s great that no one was hurt, it was less than a fortunate situation for drivers — who were held back in traffic for more than an hour.
And, sadly, all of that lovely ketchup went to waste. But at least the gruesome murder scene turned out to be nothing more than a French fries-lover’s dream. Potato party, anyone?
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor