Frou Frou Home Living: SodaStream & Samsung Unveil Fridge With Sparkling Water Dispenser
For $3899 you can purchase SodaStream’s newest toy: A fridge that dispenses sparkling water straight into your cup. We know what you’re thinking, “Gosh, that’s something the inner Parisian in me has always wanted.” Yes, you’re welcome, but really, you have SodaStream and Samsung to thank. The two companies teamed up to create the built-in water carbonator, which dispenses sparkling water in the same way as regular water and ice.
Like the original, smaller SodaStream model, the fridge comes with three different levels of carbonation and is powered by the same exchangeable 60 liter bottles of CO2.
“The future is clear – there will be no more need to buy, carry, store and find a way to dispose the billions of plastic bottles and cans to enjoy fresh, delicious fizzy drinks at home. The days of this old habit are numbered, as our technology is beating a path to a cleaner, less-expensive and healthier future for consumers and the planet,” Daniel Birnbaum, SodaStream CEO, wrote in an email to Forbes.
Judging from Birnbaum’s visions of carbonated grandeur, we’re going to guess that he isn’t a fan of Diddy and Mark Wahlberg’s new “AQUAhydrate” line.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor