According to New Survey, Democrats Prefer KFC, While Republicans Opt for Chick-Fil-A
Curious about whether someone’s a Democrat or a Republican — but don’t want to ask them about their political affiliation directly? Well, just ask them about if they prefer KFC of Chick-Fil-A. Apparently, that’s one surefire way to find out.
A new survey released this week by Public Policy Polling insists that Democrats and Republicans definitely have different food preferences. For example: Democrats like KFC better than Chick-Fil-A (39/18) while Republicans take Chick-Fil-A over KFC (48/29).
According to the study:
- Democrats are cool with vegans (a 48/22 favorability rating) while GOP voters have a negative opinion of them (31/41).
- Democrats prefer regular soda (47/31) while Republicans prefer diet (42/34).
- Democrats are the party of bagels (34%) and croissants (32%) while Republicans prefer to eat donuts (35%).
And strangely enough — Republicans are more likely to believe that Olive Garden constitutes “a quality source of authentic ethnic food” (43/41), while Democrats (41/44) think it doesn’t. (We can’t help but to ask, incredulously: Really? What authentic ethnic food is this, exactly?)
It seems that both parties can agree on a few things, though: dinner is their favorite meal of the day. What else do they agree on? Things like fast food (both parties agree it’s awful for you) and (gasp) Coke over Pepsi.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor