This Guy Wrapped His Vegetarian Chicken Nuggets in Bacon, Because ‘MURICA!
If you know anything about Nick from Dude Foods, you’d know “eating right” isn’t high on his list of priorities. At least, that’s what I’m guessing. I’ve never met the guy. He could just enjoy thinking up scores of super-dope, super-fatty recipes like the “Bacon Weave Grilled Cheese” and “Bacon Deep Fried Doritos” and “Deep Fried Mashed Potatoes,” while espousing yogi values and going on year-long juice cleanses. I don’t know his life.
Whatever his personal dietary predilections may be, however, it doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t just bask in the bacon. In fact, the next time you even think of heading to the health food aisle of your local grocery, why not take a page out of Nick’s book and wrapped those pseudo-meat vegetarian suckers in a couple strips of good ol’ pork fat?
When a few of his friends insisted that MorningStar’s vegetarian products tasted just like real meat, Nick decided to test out a few himself and realized his friends must have forgotten what meat tastes like.
By Nick’s guesstimates, because MorningStar Chick’n Nuggets have fewer calories than regular chicken nuggets and 40% less fat, his bacon-wrapped versions are probably just as healthy as eating regular, non-bacon-wrapped nuggets. Except they taste a million times better. Which is the important part. Obviously.
H/T + PicThx Dude Foods
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor