Some Syrah with Your Bacon? The World’s Most Practical Wine Pairing Chart EVER
It’s happened to all of us before: You’ve got a nice meal planned, but you have no idea what wine would be best. Yeah, white wine goes with fish and a red wine goes with steak, but what about something like . . . smoked bacon? Roasted broccoli? Couscous? If you don’t just happen to have a neighbor who conveniently happens to be a wine sommelier, this wine-pairing chart might just be the next best thing.
Thanks to the awesome fine-diners at Wine Folly, this helpful chart will help to break down the tricky process — all you need to know is what food category your main course falls under. Is it fish? A rich fish, like lobster or grab? Is it vegetables? Are they roasted?
Or, conversely, maybe you have a nice bottle of Chardonnay that you don’t know what to do with. This chart will let you know that a brie is just fine, but a harder cheese won’t be all that pleasing with that particular glass of wine.
Added bonus? We’re pretty sure the stylish design of this easy go-to reference chart would look great hanging in our kitchen or living room. Check out the original visual here.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor