Channel Your Inner Southern Spirit with These Sweet Tea Moonshine Cupcakes
You guys, I just really need a typewriter, like right now.
I don’t know what it is, but something about these Sweet Tea Moonshine Cupcakes by Stef over at the Cupcake Project just fills my imagination with all things Prohibition-Era South – you know, sprawling estates, courtly Southern manners, bootleg distilleries. And while I don’t have a clue if any of those things even really existed in the P.E.S., I am a sucker for a good bout of drunken writing, especially when done on a perfectly old, perfectly beat-up typewriter. Sigh.
But I digress. Cupcakes, wasn’t it?
Perfect for late night walks around the plantation or out by the bayou (or I guess, just around the neighborhood, if you’re into that), these scrumptious little darlings feature something called “tea butter” and a whole 1/2 cup of Strawberry Midnight Moon. I’d bet it tastes so good, it must be illegal.
Check out the full recipe and photos, here.
H/T + PicThx Cupcake Project
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor