Turn Your Scribbly MS Paint Pizza Dreams into Reality with the ‘Paint Your Pizza’ App
It might not have the same ring as say, Play-Doh Pizzas (or Play-Doh any food, for that matter), but chances are, a couple scribbles on this new “designer” app by Jonas Lund and soon the TMNT-PB&J-Fluffernutter-Tater Tot-Big Mac-Pizza dream you had when you were 5 might not sound like such a bad idea.
The site is called Paintyourpizza.com, and using an interface wonderfully reminiscent of Microsoft Paint (“circa 1998,” according to Serious Eats), visitors can draw out their dream pies and then have them delivered straight to their doors for only $36.
Unfortunately, the concept is just a concept for now, but that didn’t stop us from giving the ol’ app a spin.
Broken down into two options, visitors can either “Paint” with several other people on one pizza, or “Paint Alone” on a creation of their own design. While simple enough to navigate, the interface also felt slow to render and overall choppy. It also lacked any kind of “back” or “eraser” tool, and didn’t offer any control over what ingredients will (we hope) eventually be used to bring our creations to life.
Still, anything that gets my TMNTPBJFNTTBM Pizza one step closer to existence is fine by me — latent food allergies be damned.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor