Here’s How to Make PB&J Nachos
As we slowly edge away from our lunch box school days, our consumption of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches inevitably declines. But why? The combination of thick, creamy peanut butter and sweet grape jelly is so perfect, we can only blame adulthood’s ever-changing taste buds.
Luckily, Macheesmo is bringing back PB&J via nachos — think salty tortilla chips and peanuts blended effortlessly with the delectable sweetness of peanut butter, jelly and diced apples. It’s nostalgic gold on a chip.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Nachos
Yield: Serves 2-4.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup jelly, mixed kinds is fine
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted peanuts
- Tortilla chips
1) Add peanut butter to a small pot with about a tablespoon of water. Heat over low heat, stirring regularly.
2) Add jellies to a separate small pot with a tablespoon of water to loosen the jelly. Heat over low heat, stirring regularly.
3) Lay out tortilla chips on a large serving platter.
4) Don’t bring the peanut butter or jelly to a boil or simmer. Just heat it until it relaxes and is pourable.
5) Drizzle peanut butter over tortilla chips, followed by warm jelly. You may not need all of it.
6) Top with chopped apples and whole peanuts. Serve immediately!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor