McDonald’s Testing Table Service with Actual Forks & Knives
If you order a Big Mac, Grand Angus or Chicken Deluxe meal at the McDonald’s in Warilla, Australia between 5pm – 8pm on a Monday or Tuesday, you’ll have the option of having your food served to you on china. We’re talking actual forks and knives accompanying your Mickey D’s burger and fries.
The news come from Illawarra Mercury, who reports that “McDonald’s Warilla is the first Maccas outlet in the world to offer plates, cutlery and table service with its dine-in meals.”
The idea came from Warilla franchisees Glenn and Katia Dwarte. Mr. Dwarte began giving his parents and mother-in-law this more-formal service when they’d stop by the restaurant. After a few people watching asked them how they could get the same dine-in frills, the Dwartes pitched the idea to McDonald’s Australia chief executive Catriona Noble.
Noble proposed the idea to McDonald’s Chicago headquarters, resulting in an approval for a five-week trial of this unique fast food service that launched Monday.
Mrs. Dwarte began working at McDonald’s in 1978 and the couple are franchisees at both Warrawong and Stockland Shellharbour. The Dwartes have also tested a mobile app that allows customers to order and pay for their food before arrival.
If the trial proves successful, don’t be surprised if you find yourself tipping your “waiter” after ordering a McRib and large Coke.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor