Here’s How to Make a PBBB Sandwich (Peanut Butter, Banana, Bacon)
This is the kind of stuff late-night snacking is made of. If you’ve got a jar of peanut butter, a ripe banana, honey, some bacon and 2 slices of bread, you’re set. Think savory PB&J gone bacon. Think, this is your next 2AM post-dindin meal. Behold: Macheesmo’s PBBB Sandwich.
Peanut Butter, Banana, and Bacon Sandwich
Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices good sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4-5 slices bacon, crispy and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 banana, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1) Lay out the bacon strips on a sheet pan or on a cooling rack and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until the strips are very crispy. Let the bacon cool slightly and chop it finely.
2) Lightly butter four pieces of good sourdough or sandwich bread.
3) Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add one piece of bread, butter side down. Spread on about two tablespoons of peanut butter.
4) Add in a drizzle of honey, sliced banana, and a big handful of chopped bacon.
5) Top with a second piece of bread, butter side up. Cook for about four minutes and flip. Slice and serve immediately!
You can also make this sandwich in a panini press or press the sandwich between two hot cast iron skillets until it’s nicely toasted on both sides.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor