New Katy Perry-Themed Popchips Are Surprisingly Not Candy Cane-Flavored
When we first heard that popstar Katy Perry was going to team up with snack company Popchips for a new flavor, we weren’t quite sure what to expect.
Candy cane-flavored chips? Marshmallow? Whipped cream?
Not so much. It seems that the Popchips won’t be another extension of the superstar’s Candyland persona. However, the Popchips investor/brand ambassador (didn’t you know?) will still have an influence on the flavor of the snack.
“Katy’s Kettle Corn” features — what else — the sweet and salty taste of kettle corn, and is described as, “sweet. salty. sinless.” The bag features the colors pink and purple (arguably Katy’s favorite colors) and a “stylized heart” to dot the “i” in the Popchips logo.
This will be one of the first sweet flavors for Popchips, whose usual flavors include sour cream, barbecue, and salt & vinegar. While the new sweet and salty item sounds delicious. . . pink and purple? Which one’s the “salty” color?
H/T Brand Eating
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor