New Taco Bell-Flavored Doritos Rolling Out in Spring
For the first time since the 1990s, Frito-Lay will be offering Doritos branded with the logo of a national restaurant chain — Taco Bell’s, to be specific.
Ann Mukherjee, chief marketing officer for Frito-Lay North America, stated that the Taco Bell-branded Doritos will mimic the taste of Doritos Locos Tacos, featuring a combo of nacho cheese and taco flavor. So what exactly is “taco flavor”? We’re guessing it’s going to be the ubiquitous flavor found in every TBell menu option, whether it’s a Chalupa or a Fiesta salad, aka their signature beef seasoning.
The process of creating these Taco Bell-flavored Doritos will probably be similar to the path taken when making the Doritos Locos Tacos that rolled out in early 2010. According to Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed, about a quarter of all taco sales at Taco Bell come from Doritos Locos Tacos. Mukherjee also claims that Doritos Locos Tacos have helped boost sales volume for Frito-Lay, who supplies Taco Bell’s shells.
With both companies benefiting from one another’s strengths, it seems like the TBell-flavored Doritos will follow in the steps of the Doritos Locos Tacos and be the new go-to food item for 2am cravings. Frito-Lay plans to release the new TBell-gone-Doritos as a limited-time item this spring, around the launch of a Cool Ranch Tacos version, of course.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor