Taco Bell Pulls Ad That Hates On Vegetables
Taco Bell will be pulling one of its commercials where it basically clowned on “Veggie Guy.”
We all know “Veggie Guy,” he doesn’t know what to bring to the party on gameday, stops by the local supermarket and buys a platter of cold vegetable sticks.
If you’re a sports fan you’ve probably seen this Taco Bell commercial a fair amount of times over the last couple of weeks. The antagonist in the commercial walks into a house with his veggies and the narrator says that bringing veggies is a “Cop out” and “Secretly, people kind of hate you for it.”
Taco Bell got a lot of heat on Twitter for its harsh comedic views on “Veggie Guy” and will be pulling the plug on the ad.
Of course, the Twitter attacks were not without a leader — the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a health advocacy group, led the torrent of complaints.
‘Til then, we’ll see if Taco Bell gets any complaints from its other commercial where it makes fun of the guys who bring cheese and crackers.
Apparently, if you’re not taking Taco Bell tacos to the couchgate party, you’re doing it wrong.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor