Girl Bakes Coming Out ‘Gayke’ Cake for Her Parents
Tumblr user ellende-generes, a 15-year-old named Laurel, baked a coming out cake for her parents — the word’s “I’m Gay” written in icing across the top. The “gayke” was accompanied by a candid note sprinkled with endearing cake-themed puns.
Good morning parents, I’m gay. I’ve wanted to tell you for a long time. I thought doing it this way would be a piece of cake. I hope you still love me. I mean, it’s hard not to love someone who baked you a cake.
All my friends know and still love me. Your acceptance would be the icing on the cake. I hope you, much like this cake, are not in tiers.
I hope we can look back on this and say “boy, this one really takes the cake.”
It gets batter.
Love, Laurel (sorry for so many puns)
Her parents reaction? Basically, she’s got the best parents ever.
My dad saw the cake and came into me room and hugged me and laughed. He said he loved me and the cake and the letter and everything was perfect. Brb crying
So much awesome.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor