This is What the World’s Grossest Ramen Looks Like
I love ramen. I love free things. So when I heard that a food reviewer over at Rocketnews24 had consumed a bowl of the world’s most disgusting ramen in under six minutes and thirty seconds to win a bowl of free tasty ramen, I didn’t even bat an eyelash. Then I read that the ramen itself contains tofu, okra, and a whole mackerel along with its side of pig ear and foot, and I got a little nervous. Then I saw the pictures and read the part of the review where the author says that even the waiter who carried out the food had his face “firmly locked in a grimace.” I’m not sure that even a free bowl of delicious ramen could get me to eat a bowl of something that tasted “like a dead elephant’s a**.”
Especially when it looks like this.
And is coated with a mysterious “spongy, gel-like ingredient” on top.
And did we mention the pig parts that smell like “a sanitation worker’s boot”?
To be fair, the adventurous reviewer did mention that the restaurant in question does not list this stomach-curdling dish on the menu, probably to avoid accidentally killing someone. If a customer wants to try to finish it and win the bowl of free (good) ramen, they have to specifically ask for “The Ramen That’s too Disgusting to Eat.” And then they’ll have to sit in a special part of the restaurant so the offensive smell doesn’t bother the other customers.
There are a lot of things I’d do for a free bowl of delicious ramen, but this. . . this is too far. I bow to anyone who manages to complete this hideous challenge with their stomach (and their sanity) intact.
H/T + PicThnx to Rocketnews24
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor