This is What Strawberries & Cream Ramen Looks Like
Have you ever sat down at a ramen joint, looked through their menu and thought, “Damn if only I could get some good, home-cooked strawberry ramen right now”? Well, for those of you that answered “yes,” you’re in the darndest of luck.
A ramen containing strawberries and cream was sold at Papapapapain, a noodle shop in the Ogikubo area of Tokyo, on January 15 and 17 for 800 yen ($9) a bowl. While this “very berry ramen” was available for just two days, it’s nice to know that people dream big and this most unusual of dishes is actually edible.
Alright, so you can’t fly to Japan just yet and even if you did, this particular ramen is no longer available. Also, you’re feeling a bit put out because you thought I had an answer to your strawberry-ramen dilemma and all you got was disappointment. I apologize, I really do. In order to show my sincerity, here’s a DIY tip: The soup’s main ingredients are beef bone stock mixed with strawberry and cream paste. Just throw some noodles and sliced strawberries in there and voila! something totally er. edible?
Oh, and if that’s not enough, you can even add condensed milk for the “full ‘strawberry’ experience,” just like the original. Friends again?
H/T + PicThx RocketNews24
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor