Togo’s Challenges Patrons to Consume 2-Foot-Long Sandwich
Maybe that guy who caused a media uproar over the 11-inch sandwich at Subway should mosey on over to Togo’s. You’ve got to admit, Togo’s call to action challenging customers to devour a 2-foot-long sandwich (you get a free hat if you win, yay!) would be enough to satisfy even the most critical of eaters.
The “Pastrami Pounder Challenge” runs from January 14 – February 19, in celebration of January 14th’s National Pastrami Day. Participating guests are given 30 minutes to finish the monstrous sandwich decked out with 1 pound of Togo’s house pastrami, lettuce, tomatoes and mustard.
Coming into the next month, Togo is also inviting those participating to Instagram photos of their pastrami sandwich accompanied by the tags #Togos and #PastramiChallenge. Every week during the challenge, the company will give away prizes to the most “unique” photos, such as mini speakers, water bottles, earbuds, etc. Their Instagram “grand prize winner” will receive free Togo’s sandwiches for an entire year. I guess this justifies being that annoying person (everyone) who takes photos of their food at the table.
Nearly 150 people participated in the Pastrami Pounder challenge last year; let’s just hope no sticklers show up with measuring tape this time around.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor