Dunkin’ Donuts Coming to California by 2015
When I was growing up, Dunkin’ Donuts was like a unicorn – some magical purple fairy tale in which my innocent young Californian heart believed fervently, but which I admittedly had never seen with my own two eyes.
Well, seeing is believing, folks. Dunkin’ Donuts is coming to Socal.
This morning, DD announced plans to open franchises in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, San Bernardino, Ventura and Orange Counties, starting in 2015 with 150 stores, though the state can expect to see as many as 1,000 in upcoming years.
Of course, the expansion wouldn’t be the first time the chain moved out west. According to the LATimes, DD once had a small number of shops in California, all of which closed by the late 1990s. Another comeback attempt in Sacramento in 2002 also failed to take off.
But company reps are excited for the move, and have stated the company intends eventually to have 15,000 Dunkin’ Donuts shops nationwide.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor