How One Awesome Boyfriend Proposed With A Kinder Surprise Egg
Getting a Kinder Surprise Egg is already cool enough (after all, the awesome German-made chocolate candy has a little toy surprise in it, hence the name) but one woman had no idea that she would be in for an even bigger surprise.
Why? Because her boyfriend had — unbeknownst to her — taken apart the chocolate egg in advance and replaced the toy inside with a small robot figure (of himself) and instructions on how to re-assemble the tiny robot on bended knee. And what else was inside? The ring!
Lori, the newly engaged bride, who probably couldn’t even tell that there was anything up with the egg since it had been reassembled and rewrapped — said yes. She told Neatorama: “Matthew had been up late ‘working’ for many nights, which is the norm, but this time his real reason for burning the midnight oil was this incredible creation.”
Her fiancee, Matthew, who had no doubt spent a lot of time with this well thought-out proposal, was pleased.
The upside? This awesome proposal story. The downside? Unfortunately, Kinder Surprise Eggs are banned in the United States because of the small parts which could serve a choking hazard.
Lesson: If you’re getting serious with a special someone, chew all your food very carefully.
H/T Laughing Squid
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor