Here’s How to Make Spam & Peanut Butter Cookies
I’m a huge fan of putting together two foods, each glorious in its own right, to create a culinary beast of awesomeness. (Hello, Corn Dog Brownies and Bacon-Stuffed Peeps!) So I was super excited to hear that Hormel, the makers of the good kind of Spam — yes there is a good kind, is buying peanut butter powerhouse Skippy! You can read more about it here. And then, you can make these Spam and Skippy cookies.
I thought it fitting to use Skippy’s Classic Peanut Butter Cookie recipe as a base. So thank you, Skippy. Thank you, Hormel. And you’re welcome, world.
Spam and Skippy Cookies
- 2 1/2c flour
- 1t baking powder
- 1t baking soda
- 1/4t salt
- 1c Skippy® Peanut Butter
- 12T butter, softened
- 3/4c sugar
- 3/4c packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1t vanilla
- 1 bag Reese’s Minis, chopped (I quartered them.)
- 1 1/2c Spam, diced and candied (To candy Spam, toss in 1/3c brown sugar and bake at 425° F for 11 to 13 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat PB and butter in electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in sugars, then eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Mix in flour mixture just until blended, then stir in Spam and Reese’s.
- Scoop 2T of dough into balls, arrange cookies on parchment-ed baking sheet, and gently flatten each cookie with the bottom of a cup.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool completely on wire rack and prepare to have your mind blown.
The candied Spam gives the cookie a nice chewy aspect (it’s like bacon but chunkier), and I think the addition of the Reese’s really brings out the flavor of the peanut butter. This was, surprisingly, an impressive cookie.
And do you know what else is impressive? With this recipe, you’ll discover that you will have some leftover Spam. Just enough for a lovely Peanut Butter and Jelly Spamwich for lunch…
and an afternoon snack of Ants on a Log (of Spam)…
Enjoy! I know I did!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor