These Teens Fed Parents Drugged Milkshakes for More Internet Time
Two California teenagers were arrested for spiking milkshakes with drugs that knocked out one of the teen’s parents in hopes of gaining extended internet time.
The Sacramento Bee reports that the girls, aged 15-years-old and 16-years-old, bought milkshakes from a local fast-food joint for the parents and then loaded them with ”prescription sleep aids.” The girls hoped that this would enable them to bypass the household’s 10 pm internet curfew.
After consuming about a quarter of the milkshakes, the parents noticed that the drinks tasted strange and “grainy” and knocked out. At 1 am they woke up with unusual hangover symptoms but went back to sleep. When they woke up in the morning they experienced headaches and grogginess, causing them to head over to the local Rocklin, California police station and request a drug test kit.
The tests were positive and the teen girls were shuttled away to Juvenile Hall. Luckily, they weren’t adults or they would be facing potential prison time.
In an age where the internet seems to be the ubiquitous social hub for everything that is anything, teens often fear missing out on “once-in-a-lifetime” events, Gordon Richards, executive director of EMQ FamiliesFirst, told the The Sacramento Bee.
Although, shoot. I can’t imagine what the teens thought was so virtually important that it justified giving the parentals spiked milkshake punch. Unfortunately, Juvy probably has a much stricter internet curfew.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor