Move Over Paper: Starbucks Now Offering $1 Reusable Cups
Cheap $1 reusable cups are now offered at all U.S. and Canadian Starbucks locations. Well, apparently. I just asked the ‘Bucks joint next door and to my dismay they have yet to receive their shipment. Devastating disappointments aside, Starbucks hopes that the durable plastic cups will encourage customers to re-use them with each visit , thus reducing the costs and waste generated by its paper cups.
The $1 cups are able to hold
grande large drinks or smaller, and the cups will be cleaned with boiling water before filling at no charge. Oh, and the $0.10 discount you get when you bring your own cup will be extended to the new reusable cups. Bang Bang Cash $$$$$.
Ahem. The plastic cups were tested in 600 Starbucks locations in the Pacific Northwest and the company found that the number of reusable cups brought in by patrons jumped by 26 percent compared to the previous year. Starbucks hopes to have 5 percent of its cups be reusable by 2015.
Unfortunately, I’ve already heard a few Starbucks fans scoff at the idea of having to wash their own cups when they’re done sipping their Caramel-hold-the-whip-hold-the-fat lattes. But really, does that surprise you? I, for one, will be purchasing one of the reusable cups myself. Cuz sh*t, it’s basically 99 cents. Cop it. Wash it.
H/T + PicThx Gizmodo
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor