Vodka Gangnam Style — It Was Inevitable
No need to fill space with Gangnam Style’s history, so let’s get straight to the point: Vodka.
Woobo International filed to trademark a Gangnam Style vodka drink in the U.S., along with the phrase “Oppah, Gangnam Style” for marketing purposes.
Woobo probably figured after spending 2012 watching countless Gangnam Style parodies and seeing the endless amount of memes, you’ll want to drink until you forget this phenomenon ever took place.
Woobo filed a trademark for Gangnam Style in its stomping grounds of Russia, but that one is still pending Psy’s approval.
The filing for the Gangnam trademark has drawn skepticism because of the year’s time it would take for the trademark to be processed. By then, Gangnam Style’s popularity will mercifully dwindle, making new products in its name pretty pointless.
If you feel this story didn’t fulfill your daily Gangnam Style needs, check out the Year’s top Gangnam Style food homages and soak in the Gangnam you can until the year ends.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor