This Bento Box Shaped Like a PS3 Sadly Doesn’t Play Any Games
Imagine, you’re sitting on the playground getting ready for lunch when you whip out this little beauty: a bento lunch box designed to look like a PS3. You watch as your classmates’ eyes widen in awe, then eventually crinkle in sadness when they finally realize that no, your mom didn’t let you bring your console to school, and even if she did, you wouldn’t have any TV out here to play it on anyhow.
And then everyone continues on with life as usual. The end.
Anticlimactic fairy tales aside, Sony is launching its new bento design in commemoration of its popular Final Fantasy and Metal Gear game series. The work required to create the masterpiece involved a laser cutting machine, traditional Japanese woodwork and a lacquer treatment in Kyoto — ooh, ahhh.
S’far as we can tell, the PS3 bento isn’t available for sale just yet. (What can I say, Google Translated Engrish is confusing.) But when it does go commercial, it’s sure to make an awesome belated Christmas present for all the momma’s boy gamers in your life.
More photos below:
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor