OREO Hits All 7 Continents & Delivers 5,000 Cookies to Antarctica
Oreo, the classic cookie with the heavenly twist, ended their year-long 100th birthday celebration by making sure they partied on every continent. For the first time in Oreo history, 5,000 Oreo cookies were delivered to scientists living at Palmer Station in the Antarctic Peninsula — enough for everyone to twist and dunk with a glass of milk.
The centennial celebration is fitting, as the South Pole was discovered the same year Oreo was birthed, and what better way to celebrate an epic year of Candy Corn, Gingerbread and Birthday Cake flavors, Dunkin’ Donuts/Baskin-Robbins collabs and another year as the world’s top-selling biscuit than
popping bottles twisting and dunking in the chilly lands of Antarctica?
“Having the chance to enjoy an OREO cookie and glass of milk is like having a little piece of home here at the station,” said Dr. James McClintock, one of the researchers who received the delivery from the ear-muffed OREO Man (above) on behalf of the scientists based in Antarctica.
Along with the 5,000 Oreos-strong shipment, the brand also donated Antarctica’s first solar-powered Penguin Cam to the team at the Palmer Station with the help of Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy. The Cam will provide a way for kids to watch penguins in their natural habitat.
5,000 cookies + awesome penguin education? Oreo does it right.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor