Here’s How to Make Boozy ‘Adults Only’ Hot Cocoa Pudding Mugs
Let’s be honest — alcohol is the perfect way to warm up when temperatures are dropping outside. This explains why
people geniuses always craft the most delicious methods of getting tipsy for the holiday season. Hey, when there’s snow on the ground and just about nothing else to do, what better way to get busy than festive, winter-themed shots? (Shots, shots, shots, shots, shots, shots, everybody!)
First came edible candy cane shot glasses, with all of their peppermint-y goodness to ease that oh-so-pleasant burn of liquor. And now? Boozy, “Adults Only” Hot Cocoa Pudding Mugs.
What are hot cocoa pudding mugs, you ask? Oh, just the most epic way to get crunk — chocolate pudding jello shots spiked with your choice of booze: either crème de cocoa or peppermint schnapps. Complete with a pretzel for a handle (yep), these fancy little buggers will satisfy your sweet tooth and have you buzzed in an instant.
Here’s how to make Kraft’s “Adults Only” Hot Cocoa Pudding Mugs:
- 2-1/4 cups milk, divided
- 2 env. (1/4 oz. each) KNOX Unflavored Gelatine
- 2 oz. BAKER’S Bittersweet Chocolate, melted
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 12 miniature pretzel twists, broken crosswise in half
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1/4 cup JET-PUFFED Vanilla MALLOW Bits
- 1/4 cup crème de cocoa or peppermint schnapps (your call!)
- ADD 1-1/2 cups milk to dry gelatine in small saucepan; stir. Let stand 3 min. or until gelatine is softened. Cook and stir on medium heat 3 min. or until gelatine is completely dissolved. Remove from heat; whisk in melted chocolate. Cool 5 min.
- BEAT pudding mix and remaining 3/4 cup cold milk in medium bowl with 1/4 cup crème de cocoa or peppermint schnapps, and whisk 2 min. Whisk in gelatine mixture. Spoon into 24 shot glasses sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- UNMOLD desserts onto tray just before serving. Insert pretzel half into side of each for the mug handle. Top each with 1 Tbsp. COOL WHIP and a few MALLOW Bits.
The only question we have left is: how does one even begin to properly enjoy this treat? Do you tilt your head and slurp out the creamy confection, or just take a bite of the jiggly cup and try to awkwardly pop the rest in your mouth?
Eh. We’re pretty sure that after a few of these, you’ll have the answer (or just be too delightfully sloshed to care anymore.)
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor