Behold: A Simpsons-Themed Gingerbread House [Video]
Apparently, when creativity, pop culture, food and the holidays collide, only magical things can happen.
Want proof? Consider this Simpsons-themed gingerbread house, which was made just in time for the festive season and, coincidentally, the upcoming 23rd anniversary of the longest-running scripted show in television history. (The first Simpsons episode aired on December 17, 1989.)
The mastermind of this sweet suburban confection, who goes by mraakko on YouTube, reveals the tedious step-by-step process — with a full time-lapse video of how beloved characters Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie (and yes, their entire house) was created. If you’ve ever wondered how to create a masterpiece with sugar, ponder no further.
After painstakingly decorating the entire edible cast and Simpson-styled home by hand, we’re willing to bet that the creator of the confection, who also did an Angry Birds gingerbread house last year, was pretty hungry. We know we are.
Below, a fantastic video of the beloved gingerbread house, modeled after the satirical show that many of us have loved and adored for years.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor