Is This Ham Leg Pillow the Adult Version of a Stuffed Animal Pig?
Confession time: I sleep with a stuffed animal. Gosig was an Ikea clearance rack pickup who quickly became the best body pillow a man could ask for. The fake dog physique is skinny and makes for a pillow shape that isn’t overstuffed like a regular body pillow, but the huge golden faux-triever cranium provides a comfortable headrest during slumber. My dog even thinks he is real sometimes, and once in a moment of boredom I stole him from behind my back and arranged him like a dog crouching and ready to pounce – perhaps hoping he would come to life.
Venezuelan artist Alejandro Kobiakov is taking on the realistic plush toy from a slightly different angle with his piece “Jamón ibérico de bellota” – a stuffed ham pillow that is a little too realistic for full sleepy-time comfort. What cute, cuddly name do you give to a dismembered, seasoned, and cooked ham leg? What happens when you wake up, still half asleep, and mistake it for food?
The pillow runs for the equivalent of $22, but unfortunately isn’t available to US buyers.
Jamón ibérico de bellota: $22 @Culismo
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor