This Is What Bacon Jello Looks Like
First thought when I saw this beauty? This. Is. Hilarious.
I mean, it’s Bacon Jello for goodness sake. How could you ever take this seriously? Better yet, how could you not want to try this ridiculous conglomeration of bacon, brandy, gelatin and maple syrup?
The creation comes from Instructables contributor Canida, who we give major props to for entering it into the 2012 SF Bacon Takedown. While the unique jello “wasn’t a crowd or judge favorite,” we dig her passion for exploring what she calls the “mechanics” of making Bacon Jello. The overall aesthetics rock too — not so much jello, not so much bacon, but more like a striking piece of edible avant garde art.
Canida even suggests getting fancy by changing up the original recipe and trying a classic BLT flavoring or even venturing out by making your own banging bacon flavor combo.
To get started, check out the full recipe here.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor