Drink These Piña Colada Cupcakes for Dessert
This summer, we went on vacation to Jamaica and my younger brother tried his first piña colada. Unnatural health freak that he is, I recall him being rather grief stricken that the sugar and the booze canceled out whatever minor health benefits drinking all that “blended fruit” might have had otherwise.
But his birthday is right around the corner, and now I know what to bake in lieu of a cake.
It’s this, the Piña Colada Cupcake: a healthier alternative to the drink.
LOL JK, it’s probably worse, but look how cute it is!
True to its boozy heritage, the Piña Colada Cupcake is just that: a cupcake, with a little coconut rum (or coconut and rum, whichever) and pineapple to give it that I-am-drunk-on-the-beach zing. So if you have a grieving younger sibling, I urge you to check this out.
Do it for the kids.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor