‘Armageddon Burger’ Prepares You for Mayan Doomsday With a Bacon Meatloaf Patty
Southern California-based burger chain Slater’s 50/50 is at it again, and this time with a burger of apocalyptic proportions.
In honor of the Mayan’s earth-destroying gift to us, Slater’s 50/50 (the proud creators of the half-ground bacon, half-ground beef patty) introduced the Armageddon Burger as its burger of the month for December.
If this is the last meal you eat, it will be quite a impactful one as it consists of a burger patty made of 50 percent beef and 50 percent rendered pancetta. That patty is then wrapped in more bacon and topped with prosciutto, arugula, mustard, and chipotle ketchup. If that isn’t enough bacon for you, the burger is sandwiched between a bacon pretzel bun.
When we asked chain Vice President of Marketing Erika DiProfio what made this burger more armageddon-like opposed to their other headline-worthy burgers such as the 100 percent ground bacon burger and even held claim to the spiciest chain burger with its 50 Alarm burger, she explained that “this burger is the ultimate comfort food…We couldn’t think of any other food that is more comforting to eat before the world ends- a bacon meatloaf burger with decadent prosciutto.”
Here’s hoping that we make it past Dec. 21 so we can lust over whatever crazy invention Slater’s has in store for January’s burger of the month.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor