New Chocolate Nachos Make El Pollo More Loco
Even if you regularly ignore TV commercials, El Pollo Loco’s latest ad has a new menu item that will make you do a double-take.
Chocolate Dessert Nachos, a fairly simple concept, but no one in the fast food game has done it.
The chocolate tortilla chips are topped with marshmallow creme and a Mexican chocolate glaze.
You know Taco Bell, who has always stretched the nacho limits with items like the Volcano Nachos and the Beefy Nacho Burrito, has to be kicking itself for not beating EPL to the punch on this one.
And of course, the guys over at Epic Meal Time had something pretty close to the Chocolate Nachos when they went candy crazy and made some candy nachos, but EPL took a more practical route.
El Pollo Loco has been hit pretty hard during the recession, suffering a $38.6 million net loss and being forced to close 18 stores in 2011, but it hasn’t stopped them from making changes. Aside from introducing new menu items like its Chocolate Nachos and shredded beef meals, EPL plans to remodel at least 100 of its 398 stores next year.
Will you be trying these new chocolaty treats, and are you digging El Pollo Loco’s changes?
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor