The Nutella Tax Got You Down? Make This Homemade Nutella Recipe for Cheap
If you live in France, or are deeply invested in the foreign affairs of Nutella, you may have heard that a recent bill was passed that would heavily tax palm oil. As a result, this would increase the cost of Nutella (as it is made up of 20% palm oil) for our French friends. Luckily for the U.S., this doesn’t really affect sales here … but you never know what could happen.
So, if you want to avoid a future Nutellapocalypse- check out this tasty recipe to make your own chocolate hazelnut spread at home, and avoid the pricy cost of the pre-made stuff.
All that’s required are some hazelnuts (ah duh), chocolate, vegetable oil, cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, and a lot of time on your hands.
Bake and chop the hazelnuts, melt some chocolate, combine together with the other ingredients- and voila! It’s a lot easier than you think, so start stocking up on jars, or just get a little weird and smear it all over yourself at your leisure.
Want to get crackin’? Check out the full recipe here.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor