[Photo] Worst Tip Left at Applebee’s Ever
Clever comments on receipts are often appreciated in the age of microblogging, but this one was neither clever nor appreciated.
A picture of a receipt showing the handwritten words, “Stop eating, b*tch!” was recently posted on Reddit.
The receipt, seemingly aimed at an Edison, N.J. Applebee’s employee shows that the customer did not even leave gratuity. Not only was this person rude, but cheap as well.
The guys over at the HuffPost might question the authenticity of the receipt, but if you’ve ever been around drunk people at an Applebee’s bar, this story probably doesn’t surprise you much.
What might be most embarrassing is the quality of the picture, which looks like it was taken by a flip phone camera circa 2003.
The HuffPost’s calls to the N.J. Applebees were not returned, so unfortunately there is no reaction, or confirmation from their end.
In general, if you’re going to write something on a receipt, let it be more clever than this one and at least leave a tip.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor