Jamba Juice Sells Eggnog Now, In Case You Missed It
For all the huffing and puffing about portion controls and calorie counts, winter is hardly the healthiest season out there. We try, but somewhere between our second and third (or fourth and fifth) slabs of turkey, all health consciousness flies, inevitably, right out our suburban bay windows.
Luckily our friendly neighborhood Jamba Juice is here to save the day.
Released alongside its already popular Pumpkin Spice flavor in October, Jamba Juice’s latest seasonal offering is its flashily-named Eggnog Jubilee. Made with a frozen eggnog base, frozen yogurt and soymilk, the 16 ounce size is 390 calories and contains only 3.5 grams of fat.
For reference, an equivalent amount of traditional nog would set you back nearly twice that much. What’s more, this year, both the Eggnog and Pumpkin flavors also come with the option to “Make It Light,” with1/3 less sugar, calories and carbohydrates than their regular iterations.
Oh Jamba, that’s almost enough reason to forgive you for making a Twilight “Berry Bitten” smoothie. Almost.
So far, feedback across the intarwebz has been mostly positive, with bloggers citing the lack of any definitive “noggy” flavor and claiming the whole drink tastes more like chai, as the most egregious complaints. Personally, I found the ‘Nog a little too sweet and in desperate need of a kick. It’s too bad Jamba doesn’t have a “Rum” boost.
Eggnog Jubilee and Pumpkin Spice smoothies, 16 ounces for ~$5, available only for a limited time
via Brand Eating
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor