Latte Art is Kind of Like Balloon Animals for Your Coffee
Japanese drink artist Kazuki Yamamoto must be the most centered guy in the world. If I had the ability to make these amazing latte creations, I don’t think I could tolerate their quick destruction after the customer’s first sip. The images on his Twitter account form a veritable art gallery of his wonderful creations, with a predictable bent towards Japanese animation characters. My favorite is his rendition of my childhood hero – Thomas the Tank Engine – that hits me right at the nostalgia bone.
I do wonder what the hot, steamy deaths of these cute characters look like. Does Thomas’s smile become a face of terror as he is stirred away?
Does this cute lamb bleat in alarm as the teaspoon descends?
Most disturbingly, how could you even finish your drink when all that’s left of happy Sally below is her feet on the lip of the cup? Let’s just say I hope she gets to enjoy her lollipop before passing into the frothy ether.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor