The Most Inconvenient/Awesome Way To Pop Popcorn
I’ve got a confession to make: I like food. I like it a lot. I like it so much that sometimes, I eat snacks, even when I’m not that hungry (‘MURICA)! I tend to prefer salty to sweet things, pretzels, potato chips, and, of course, popcorn. But that bagged-and-boxed stuff is like eating grease-coated arterial blockage, and air poppers are so loud.
Great news – these Swedish students have solved all my problems.
Their popcorn popper, dubbed the ‘Oncle Sam’, apparently focuses on achieving perfection one kernel at a time through a carefully constructed Rube-Goldberg-esque machine, complete with a tea candle, some salt, and a little oil. Is it quick and easy as a microwave bag of popcorn? No. But is it fun to look at? Kinda!
And by the time I manage a whole bowlful, I’ll be starving. Win-win. Thanks, Sweden!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor